Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/heresyfo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/maxblogpress-optin-form-adder/optin-form-adder-lib/include/optin-form-adder.cls.php on line 120
So, as I start designing my different sites, I have been naturally drawn into the intricacies of design, UI/UX usability and so on (all of which I suck at – hey, I’m not a designer, I’m an ideas man). UI/UX design and asthetics have been at the top of my list for drawing people in to my various stories.
Like some sort of web-weaving ye olde story teller.
Anyway, by far and away my favourite site is Smashing Mag and boy have they had some smashing stuff lately, with Web Designer Wall throwing down as well. Checkit below. Boy, do I love me some Smashing Mag.
Tools ‘n stuff
Design, UI (hint: IMPORTANT)
- This is rad -> loads of free fonts (like, really good ones)
- Common mistakes in logo design
- UI Design Patterns you should be paying attention to
- 30 Examples of attractive navigation
- Designing with a grid based approach
- Mastering CSS elements
- 9 Common Usability Blunders
- Clear and effective communication in web design
- Loads of rad portfolios (good design ideas)
Online sales/Checkout Process:
- Optimising conversion rates
- 12 tips for designing an excellent checkout process
- Optimising and improving conversion rates – less effort more customers
- Optimising and improving conversion rates – less effort more customers # 2