So, I recently put up a Totally AMAZING free guide on integrating Facebook and WordPress.
Free. ~40 pages. PDF. Screenshots.
Did I mention free?
Anyway, I thought I’d tell you how I did it. Darren over at Problogger did a post on how to do this in 13 hours, so I thought I’d top Darren. Darren’s pretty much the top dude in blogging, so I thought I’d sneak up on him and punch him in the ear, POW! 7 hours Darren! Shazaam!
I had a think about that post and thought it would be rad if I made it way easier for people to do this with a free guide.
So here’s how I did it.
- Step 1: I integrated FB, WP and FB Connect first, so I knew what I was doing.
- Step 2. Rode my bike home, smashed a run out, ate some dinner then decided I had to do this for beginners (like me) who also wanted to do that.
- Started writing, and writing, and writing.
- Got up, went and made some stovetop coffee with some Costa Rican beans my bro brought back from Costa Rica.
- Started at 6PM, finished at 1AM. Went to sleep.
- Woke up, couldn’t rip the Mac Word doc to a pdf and maintain the links (external and internal) in the pdf.
- Did some Googling – I need Pages (iWork 09).
- Copied my Word doc text into Pages. Saved Pages into pdf. Links sweet. Done.
There it is.
Here’re the key things to remember.
1. Know what the hell you’re talking about.
2. Sit down, put some rad music on (I suggest Muse, Brand New, Rise Against, Sublime, The (very awesome) Red Eyes. Smash it. DO NOT EDIT.
3. Read, edit, publish.
That’s it. Now go make it happen.